How Can I Use Legal Tools To Protect My Assets
Most people are so busy building their assets, that few stop to think about really protecting what they've already got! Don't think you can wait until there is a “situation.” Successful people prepare for possible litigation before it happens. Would you be prepared? Pre-planning gives you the power and access to more strategic opportunities. For example, in some circumstances for protection to be legal there may be ass certain “lookback period” during which assets may be exposed. It is a worthwhile exercise to have a specific and honest asset protection conversation with yourself. Ask yourself the following questions:
- What are your assets?
- What is the value of those assets?
- How are they legally owned or held?
- What are the risks associated with each asset group?
- What level of financial privacy do you currently enjoy?
- Do you wish to protect your income and assets beyond the value of liability insurance?
- What kind of tax liabilities could I be prepared for?
Would your assets and your family be protected from a future lawsuit or a creditor's lien? If you are not sure and you would like to learn what you can do today to protect yourself, I recommend scheduling an appointment with Attorney Johnston. An hour of your time could save a lifetime of labor. In today's world, the advantage goes to the one who is prepared. If you have questions and would like to e-mail the author, please use: Lorrenj6@gmail.com